Lots of fun with a little Blucky pal and some latex.  I wanted to experiment with corpsing without  taking the risk of screwing up a Bucky, so I used a couple of my little Blucky friends for this project.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first try at corpsing.  I highly suggest using a Blucky if you're corpsing for the first time so you can get a feel for it before moving on to the more expensive Bucky or Bart.

I started by cutting the ribs, mouth, eyes and nose areas out with a Xacto knife.  (Thanks to SickieIckie from Haunt Forum for this idea!)
I used some masking tape to cover the eye sockets so the beef netting would hold its shape.
Then I used some scrap beef netting dipped in joint compound and draped it over the openings. It took a couple of coats of the joint compoud to fill in the weave of the beef netting.
I was working on 2 of them at the same time.  I sanded down the joint compound after it was all dry.  I didn't bother with the mouth area, although the next one I do will have at least some black spray paint on the inside.
I sprayed the mudded parts of the skulls with Spar urethane to water proof them.  I think I did 3 coats for good measure.
I used 2 different methods of reshaping the hips.  The first one was with a heat gun.  I just held the heat gun over the pelvis until it was soft and then I caved it in with my foot.  I heated it and pushed it in until I got it into a suitable shape.
The second go 'round, I used Deathlord's method (I think it was his) and simply cut the front off and filled it with Great Stuff expanding foam, then carved it with a knife until it looked okay.

You can see I had quite the body part collection taking up space on my desk.  :-)

I used expired Cementex casting latex for the first one. I just brushed latex onto the plastic, then stuck some tissues on, and brushed more latex over that.  It wrinkles well, and looks gnarly up close.
It's a LOT easier to corpse a skeleton when you have a 360 reach.  So, since I don't have a rack to hang them on, I used a ladder and a piece of wire.
Once I got the latexing done, I moved on to stain.  I used Minwax Jacobean stain first, wiping off the excess so that the recesses showed up better.  Then I used MinWax Ipswitch Pine to color the rest of it, wiping off the excess a little on the raised areas.  This is where the ladder came in especially.
You can see here why I would have black paint on the inside of the skull.  The really light inside of the skull doesn't quite look icky and decayed like the rest of it.
Just a closer view of the torso area.
And here is my very first attempt at corpsing in its place in my spider scene. 

All information contained on this website www.theghostess.com is provided for FREE, is intended for entertainment purposes and general sharing, and may not be reproduced without express permission from the website owner. If you have been sold information regarding or taken from this website, please contact the admin at the link in the navigation menu. Copyright 1999-2012, The Dead End.

 

free hit counters
free hit counters